Sunday, October 20, 2013

Week 5: So I bought some colts tickets.

I think it is safe to say that I have learned a lot about football in the past few weeks.
While I haven't learned a lot content wise, I like to be a part of cheering! I also like to study how people interact and talk to each other (hence the Masters degree in Interpersonal communication) Football just provides so much interesting information about people. Why they like who they like, why they dislike who they dislike. Tom Brady? Good or bad?

It's also SUPER interesting listening to people get upset when I tell them I am a Colts fan and not a Lions fan. (However, I AM a Lions Fan, I mean, hometown pride and all.)

I also like to spoil my boyfriend. So December 15th (his birthday and 5 days after mine) we are going to see the Colts. I don't know if I can express how strange it is to say that I bought Colts tickets. I remember in the past I would want to shoot myself in the face if anyone made me watch the Colts (or football in general.) I think I used to be too worried about my reputation as a woman and an academic. I grew up with the idea that football was for people who couldn't read, and weren't educated. Where that idea came from, I have no idea. But now things are very different. I really have Fantasy to thank for that.

also, something that was very different about this week, I WON BY A LANDSLIDE! BY 53 POINTS!!!!

I struggled with starting Ray Rice because he was coming off an injury - BAM 23 points

My kicker Justin Tucker - 18 points! I didn't know kickers could do that!

Jason Witten - 23 points also.

Also my Defense is STELLAR!!! 15 points this week and I didn't lose any of them like in week 3.

I think that down side was I didn't play T.Y. Hilton and he scored 30 points.

Now T.Y. Hilton has been a puzzle to me all season. The weeks I start him, he does nothing. The weeks I don't start him, he is a freaking rock star. He is all kinds of inconsistent in my books (or maybe I am just bitter)

Once again the other teams QB played below their predicted points, Kaepernick score 12 of his 19 predicted points. (I am hoping this doesn't happen to Andrew Luck soon).




No comments:

Post a Comment