Thursday, October 24, 2013

Week 7 - CAN I JUST TALK ABOUT THE COLTS??!?!?!

Okay, seriously.

Week 7 oh my precious baby.

I thought about many titles for this week. Such a "Zen in the Art of Fantasy Football", or "Week 7, eh." or "The week I lost to the bottom ranking team in the league" however none of these things turned out to be true.

Because THE COLTS ARE AMAZING.

So, I started the week off in a pretty "eh, football" kind of mood. I didn't have anyone playing Thursday night. I worked in the colt outside Friday and in the rain on Saturday and so when Sunday came around I was just not into anything. Because the weather sucked all weekend until Sunday I spent all day catching up on the work I couldn't do in the rain. 

Now the big news a work is that B-Rad, my bro and FF coach broke his foot this week. So he worked inside at the desk (watching and updating me about the games).

My defense was freaking heartbreaking. Cincinatti, who has been awesome for me, typically scores between 7-16 points for me, scored 2. 2 points and they still won against Detroit (sorry friends!)

My wide receivers under preformed and running back under preformed and I was worried. I had 3 players playing Sunday night while Mr. Anderson had 2 playing Monday night.

Then it was like the heavens opened up, and the Colts played an amazing game!  If you haven't heard (and if you haven't heard you are not a football fan, and that's okay!) but they beat The Broncos.

You might be thinking okay, one team about horses beat another team about horse and historically I would have agreed with you. However the Broncos Quarterback is Peyton Manning, who used to be the Colts quarterback.

I made a post earlier this year about Peyton Manning being the Harry Potter of the football world. He is a pretty big deal and the Colts let him go a few years ago. The Colts letting Manning go is this big deal in Indiana. He had neck surgery and had to sit out all of the 2011 season. In reality the Colts were gonna have to pay something close to 90 Million dollars to keep Manning on the team for the next 5 years. Yeah that's a lot of money and at the time he was still recovering. So the logical decision was to let Peyton Manning go. So Indiana loses there shit, might I add.

So this game on Sunday was a pretty big deal because the Colts took it as a moment to welcome him back and thank him for all the years he was the QB.

Also EVERYONE thought the Colts were going to lose. B-Rad asked if I wanted to make a bet on the game (being poor I don't play for money). I told him I thought that the colts would lose but it would be less then a 10 point difference. 

Big freaking surprise, they WON! and Andrew Luck got me a WHOOPING 34 points! 
However, Reggie Wayne tore his ACL reaching for a wonky throw by Luck and now he is out the rest of the season. I feel for Wayne because I tore my PCL playing Roller Derby and that shit sucks!

So I had like a 7 point lead going into Monday night's game, Mr. Anderson had 2 players left, I had resigned myself to losing. HOWEVER, his two players only made like 5 points and I won! (Sorry Mr. Anderson!)


(for those of you who don't know, the angry looking guy is Wes Welker, the other guy is Andrew Luck, forgive the horrible facial hair)

Now I am even more excited for December 15th, when the Boyfriend and I are going to see the Colts.


And we are ready! (god damn, why does he look adorable in all the pictures and I look...well, ridiculous.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment